According to the Gyurcsány party politician, the new form of voluntary service is a symptom of the crisis of the armed forces, ATV said. According to the ITM, 400 young people have already applied for the new voluntary military service starting in mid-September. The ITM told the ATV news channel that voluntary military service was launched as a new form of service primarily to support young people.  

However, according to Ágnes Vadai, all of this is an illusion.

The Vice-Chairman of the National Defense Committee considers the proposal to be disproportionate and would reconsider Tibor Benkő's announcement, which in his opinion indicates that "the Hungarian National Defense has serious problems, especially in terms of personnel."

The left-wing ADOM Student Movement, formerly known as the Independent Student Parliament, also protested against the proposal.
They said: they believe in knowledge-based admissions. "We consider the point for a pre-university voluntary military service, which equips students with irrelevant knowledge, skills and experience, to be disproportionately high," the movement's spokesperson, Fruzsina Schermann, told the ATV news agency.

The spokesperson of ADOM pointed out that only the results of the relevant subjects of the National Secondary School Academic Competitions are included in the admissions, "So we do not understand why this is worth so many points.
It's essentially stealth military service for extra points,” he said. Several opposition politicians have criticized the fact that, while 28 extra points are added for the secondary language exam, 32 for half a year of military service, and 64 for one year of university admissions.

Tamás Légrádi, the president of the Vocational Association of Language Schools, believes that the language test should be a requirement for university admission. "It is difficult to compare these two areas. At the same time, I think it is certain that language skills are very important for today's youth, which must be rewarded with extra points," he told ATV.

Source: Mandarin